Mr. Elvis Freshley

Mr. Elvis Freshley

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Peezy: The Life & Times of Mr. Elvis Freshley (Not your ordinary rapper) PART 3

How are you and Mr. Mike's relationship now?
Peezy: A lot has changed, but we're still cool. Music-wise, I think he has gone in another direction. I've tried to reach out to him on occasions, but you can tell when someone is no longer interested in working with you. And I don't mean that in a bad way. We're just in different lanes now. If given the opportunity again, I would love to work with him. Wut up M R DOT!
Lets talk about your relationships with females a little. Are you single?
Peezy: Currently I am.
Are you looking for a special woman at this time, or is that on hold?
Peezy: I'm not looking for anything right now. Since my last relationship ended, I realized that I lost touch with God and everything else that was important to me that I was missing in my life. The break-up was hard because it left me with saying, "I have three daughters (one who is not biologically mine) and no woman to show for it."
How many serious relationships have you had?
Peezy: Four.
And how did the last one come to an end?
Peezy: First and foremost, I got mad respect for both of my daughters mothers. They deserve a good man and a husband, just as I deserve a good woman and a wife. However, with the last one, in my personal opinion, she could not get over my past and what happened.
What happened in the past?
Peezy: Like every man does, I cheated. I say that jokingly, but I believe it to be a true and known fact. I cheated on this person about 3 or 4 years ago and because of that, it wore on the relationship and made it turn for the worse. I saw this person turn into a completely different person than who I had met the first time, and we were living together so that made it worse. I wanted to go out and cheat several more times but I didn't because I really did love her unconditionally. But for everything that I tried to do right and live by the so-called "rule book," it didn't work with her. Whether it was from the bedroom, to just having the same chick I got wit', it wasn't the same. Therefore, when other chicks would show me the kind of attention I wasn't getting at home, it was easy to be flirtatious with them. We hung in there, and now that I am a changed man (for the better), she still doesn't wanna do the family thing and live together. She wants to live separately and date. But you can only do that for so long. You either want it, or you don't.
Why do you think that is?
Peezy: Honestly, I began to have somewhat local success in my rap career in Huntington. I was doin' shows, you had groupies comin' at you every night, girls sending me naked pictures on my phone and dirty text messages. It was like I was the new kid on the block. Then, on the other hand, I had a woman at home who really didn't have any friends there, just had a baby not too long ago, and she only knew people that I knew primarily. She didn't have a social life like mine and I was her only crutch she could depend on at that time. 
What type of success did you have at that time that might have ruined your relationship with this person?
Peezy: I released a mixtape called "A Gangsta and A Gentleman" produced by Mr. Mike that was hittin' heavy, it caught the attention of E1 Music (formerly known as Koch Records) and they wanted me to do an EP for them. If the EP was a success, then I would get a distribution deal from them.
So was the EP a success?
Peezy: If it was, I don't think I would be sittin' here man! (Laughs). That EP went terribly wrong!
For what reasons?
Peezy: First off, the record label gave me a certain amount of time to have my EP complete and turned in to them. I let Mr. Mike handle all of the production. But I felt like I was under so much pressure with making hit songs and depending on people to come and jump on a verse that it just didn't work out. I went back to my hometown Lex and I thought that a lot of the local rappers down there would hop on my songs, but I thought wrong and that was a big mistake. When they would tell me that they were gonna do a song with me, I would tell the label could they extend the deadline date. That was a no-no. But you live and you learn.
Why do you think those local artists in Lexington didn't reach out to you?
Peezy: For one, I wasn't living in Lexington anymore. Two, they didn't know Peezy, they knew Antwon Pinkston. When I left for college, a lot of those cats who rap now there stayed back, so they never knew how I came to be. I will give a major shoutout to Yung Lex and Decypha because they have supported me throughout the years, and got a few tracks. 
Do you think there was any other reason they didn't reach out?
Peezy: It could be. Maybe because they think I'm not good enough. Or maybe because I have a professional job, not always out on the streets, don't live with my moms, and basically can support myself without having to have a reputation of just being "The Rapper" from my town. Truth is, it can be frustrating at times when I look at some of these dudes who I have known since middle school, and now all of a sudden, they hard, they move weight, sellin' keys, this and this. I call'em Soulja Boys. You can fool the people from other states, and you can have your riders that sweat you just in case you get on, but you can't fool me playboy.
Are you talking about anyone in particular?
Peezy: I'm talkin' bout the ones who are supposedly sellin' breaks, being signed to major labels without a real deal, wears expensive brands, but doesn't have a place to call his own. Period.
So what are your plans music-wise now?
Peezy: I've been on both ends of the stick with music, positive and negative stuff. Now I'm just doin' it for fun. Not looking to perform, get signed or anything, but I wanna do the kind of music that makes me happy. I'm sick of trying to please everyone else. I'm puttin' out "The Life & Times of Mr. Elvis Freshley" hopefully sometime at the beginning of the new year.
Why that title?
Peezy: Because that's what I go by and I am hellafied fresh! I'm only releasing this on the net. You can expect to hear everything. But don't expect to hear a lot of features or support at that. Like I said, I'm doin' this for fun. I'm not gonna sell myself some hoop dreams like some of these other cats I know.

What about outside of music?
Peezy: Right now I got this F.L.Y. Society blog going on right now. I'm eventually branching it out to form my own website called "Corporate Swag Society." It's a site that will be designed to give you everything in one. From celeb news, hip hop artists local and nationally, poetry, fashion, and soul food recipes. I haven't seen that on Allhiphop.com, HipHopDX, or Worldstarhiphop. I'm just trying to set new trends in my own way.
Anything else you trying to do?
Peezy: Yeah, I'm still continuing to get closer to God and have a better relationship with him. I'm 29, people don't realize how much you need him until you're on your last chance, I refuse to do that. I'm never gonna be perfect, but I wanna live right and do right in his eyes. At the end of the day, can't nobody, including my family, friends can judge me like he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment