Mr. Elvis Freshley

Mr. Elvis Freshley

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

LADIES: Stop Listening to Depressing Ass Life Stories and Music...How is that gonna Help YOU?

Ladies, if I could make a deal with you about music, would you take it? My deal would be: if you all stop making this depressing ass music, then we'll stop degrading women in our music. LOL...I know rite, that situation would be like getting rid of the "N" word, just not gonna happen. 

http://www.mosleytribes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/keri-hilson-u01.jpg


Believe me, I love r&b music to the fullest. And I love to hear a woman who can sing. But I'm really gettin' sick of hearin' "I just can't do this," "I'll bust the windows out your car," "Every woman has a breaking point," etc. The list goes on and on. Whatever happened to songs like Angela Winbush's "Smile," and "Angel." Or the S.O.S. Band "Just be good to me" and so forth. If you like me to move up closer to the 90's, I can. What about Shanice's "I Love your Smile," Tracie Spencer's "Tender Kisses," and Sybil's "Don't make me over."

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/421724691_f3cef9b798.jpg
Listening to female r&b artists nowadays is like listening to Keith Sweat back in the day. As a male, you could only listen to so much of it before he starts wining all the damn time.

http://www.depressedchild.org/images/woman-in-dark-place.jpg

I think the key problem to this is personal relationships. And of course, this is what the music market and record labels like. If you got a voice, a situation in a relationship that everybody can relate to, then you're in there. I understand and can definitely relate to what some of these women are talking about. However, why can't we turn that state of depression around into happiness. Honestly, it's doing none of these young females any good by hearing some of this Tom Foolery. A love ballad is not singing about how your man just cheated on you with your best friend, how you are going to get revenge, why you can't leave but really wanna go. Anybody ever heard of the artist KEM? Laila Hathaway? Dwele? Those are just to name a few. These are artists who actually sing about the meaning of true love, apologizing to each other. 


My last relationship I was in went south, and I honestly can say that some of these songs and her friends definitely had an effect. And I can honestly say, whether she agrees with me or not, that it still does have an effect, but she's blind to it. 


Yeah, maybe I'm rambling on and a lot of this might be pointless to a lot of people because our generation we have now is so gone from this earth. The year is 2010, right? Imagine how music will be in about 5 to 10 years and what artists will be discussing then. Oh no! We won't have a young 9-year-old child like Willow Smith talking about whipping her hair back and forth. Instead, we will have a 9-year-old child talking about what boy on the playground has done them wrong.


As parents, we need to take more responsibility of our children. I am a true believer that everything starts in the household. That's how you get your child prepared for the real world. I can't tell you how many youtube videos I've seen of parents cheering their children on in the background to grind like Ciara, sing a Wocka Flocka song, and smoke weed! Things like this are really destroying the future and some (no, that's not the correct term, A LOT) of us don't give a f*ck!

MESSAGE TO THE FATHERS

http://www.harrycutting.com/graphics/photos/babies/african-american-baby-and-father-J292-21-17LG.jpg
Fathers, dads, baby dads, whatever you wanna call yourselves these days, don't think your son has limited choices of being an NBA basketball player, NFL football player, or a rapper! There's also a thing called education and a career at something that they were educated in at school. I know that jobs are crazy to come by now, but just because you didn't succeed, doesn't mean your son can't......EDUCATION WISE! Another thing, it's very important to be involved in your daughters lives as much as it is in your sons lives. If the mother of the child had a father, what makes you think that daughter doesn't wanna have one? Stay active in your child's life. This is another main reason why these chicks keep singing these depressing ass songs. Because they end up getting in a situation with a low-life who doesn't provide anything. Oh yeah, stay out the f*ckin' streets! I'm sick of hearin', "Datz all I knew," "Datz how I was raised," and "The streets made me." The streets didn't make you, yo' mama did, and you just fell victim to becoming a product of your own environment. Last but not least, respect women like you would respect God and your mother.

MESSAGE TO THE MOTHERS

http://thumbs.imagekind.com/member/ac80bce8-ddba-454c-a3c1-205a0fe37e9c/uploadedartwork/650X650/85a49896-b782-4eed-99d8-12d04d6c8fbe.jpg

Keep ya'll asses home! Quit trying to follow the life of another single mother who has a babysitter every weekend and feels free to go anywhere she wants. When you turn 30, and you are a regular club goer, trust me, you'll start to feel yourself look stupid. And lets keep it real, ask yourself when was the last time you had one of your friends say that they met their husband in a club? You keep dogging males out and saying that we're no good, but you continue to look in the wrong places. Because when a good man comes around, all he is going to see is the bad in you, which will often lead in to him turning away, cheating, or simply losing interest. Once again, this is where those songs come in! 


I don't know about ya'll, but I'm sick of it. I've had it. Quit taking steps forward and take a step back into reality.

1 comment:

  1. PREACH! I'm so with you on this. You can't complain about how bad men treat you when you're looking in all the wrong places!

    ♥SarahBrooke

    ReplyDelete